Welcome to "It Must Be Summer"

"It Must Be Summer" is back for Comfest 2013.

Started five years ago by toph and John, the group blog returns for its sixth year for Comfest 2013. Time flies. In the spirit of community that is essential to Comfest, here is a place to share your Comfest thoughts, memories, and experiences. We look forward to seeing, reading, or watching (iPhone video is STILL a dangerous and beautiful thing) whatever you'd like to share here.

If you are reading this and you didn't receive an invite to post and would like to contribute, leave a comment and John or toph will get you added.

We'll see you on the grass in the park.


Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I tip the bottle and bite the lime...

Supplies have been procured and dropped at Casa de toph y Jill.

In a happy turn of events, toph and I have apparently been slightly overzealous in our previous spirits acquisitions, so the shopping list (and hence the cash outlay) was much smaller than usual. We will reevaluate after Friday's festivities but for now we believe we are set with:

3 bottles of Cabo Wabo Anejo
3 bottles of Cabo Wabo Reposado
2 bottles of Cuervo blanco
7 bottles of Blue Curacao
1 large bottle of Malibu
2 small bottles of Malibu
5440 ml of Pineapple Juice
3311 ml of Key Lime Juice
4 bottles of PowerAde (because we need carriers)

Once the supplies have been purchased, my excitement starts to grow. I begin to feel in my bones how close we are to sitting out in the sun.

I honestly don't know how I'm going to make it through tomorrow.

Only 37 hours to go.


P.S. I refuse to partake in toph's negativity regarding the weather, choosing instead to maintain my optimism. Rain or no, it's Comfest. I will allow nothing short of Hurricane Comfest 2: Rain Harder to dampen my mood.

No comments: