Welcome to "It Must Be Summer"

"It Must Be Summer" is back for Comfest 2013.

Started five years ago by toph and John, the group blog returns for its sixth year for Comfest 2013. Time flies. In the spirit of community that is essential to Comfest, here is a place to share your Comfest thoughts, memories, and experiences. We look forward to seeing, reading, or watching (iPhone video is STILL a dangerous and beautiful thing) whatever you'd like to share here.

If you are reading this and you didn't receive an invite to post and would like to contribute, leave a comment and John or toph will get you added.

We'll see you on the grass in the park.


Wednesday, June 25, 2008

-C-=*=-O-=*=-M-=*=-F-=*=-E-=*=-S-=*=-T-

I'm sitting in the office, swamped with work, and all I can think is "ComFest ComFest ComFest ComFest ComFest" -- it's reasonably difficult to work with all this noise in my head... I find myself thinking back to ComFests of yore and remembering things that I keep telling myself I need to get before next comfest... Like a good hat... another comfy folding chair (preferrably with extending footrest) [someone's broke last year... was that ours?] a better backpack to carry all of our PowerAde... perhaps this year by writing it down it will help me remember to get it for next year...

but it's almost that time... the Johngarita shopping list has been made, Friday's lunch plans have been established (John will be late because he's not as dedicated to the cause as I think he should be...), the schedules have been perused and initial selections have been bandied about... there's a certain crisp smell in the air, and the world seems a little happier...

Of course -- now I'm worried about the weather report... weather.com predicts a 30% chance of isolated thunder storms on Friday, a 60% chance on Saturday... and based on the deluge of '05, I'm pretty certain that "isolated" will be "right over Goodale Park"...


Yes, we really do start getting this excited about it this far in advance. It's really just that good.

Take a vacation day on Friday and come join us in a celebration of life, help us change the world just a little bit with a whole lot of joy, enjoy a corn dog and a cold beer, and watch the world go by.

No comments: